Monday, October 24, 2011

How I embarked on this journey: The short version

Late in my pregnancy with "Noob" (my second child, born January 2010), I decided to switch from hospital birth to homebirth. I thought I was just changing my provider and place of birth. What I didn't realize was that I was changing my entire approach to pregnancy, not just to birth, in ways that are hard to understand unless you've been through it.

I just found out that I'm pregnant again, due in July 2012, and I'm planning another homebirth. I wanted to document the entire experience, highlighting some of the differences between this pregnancy and my prior pregnancies with "Noob" (planned hospital birth with a midwife until 36 weeks), "Littles" (born June 2007 in a hospital with an OB), and "baby #2" (planned hospital birth with a midwife, miscarried in February 2009).

That is the purpose of this blog. My hope is that this will help women make more informed choices about hospital birth vs. homebirth, as well as help people who will never even consider homebirth to better understand us crazy homebirthers :)

No comments:

Post a Comment