Friday, October 28, 2011

A journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step...

...and a journey through pregnancy starts with a pregnancy test. After that? The paths start to diverge fairly quickly.

With Littles -- October 2006
I tested on a Friday morning. It took a few days (and a few more pregnancy tests) for the news to sink in. Once it did, I called the office of the OB closest to my home. My first appointment was with a nurse practitioner to go over family history, pregnancy do's/don'ts, etc, so my first direct contact with my OB was at my second appointment, at 8 weeks.

With Noob -- May 2009
I tested on a Sunday afternoon. That Monday was Memorial Day, so I had to wait until Tuesday to call my midwife's office. Due to a prior miscarriage, I had bloodwork to check HCG and progesterone levels that afternoon. My first direct contact with my midwife was on Wednesday, when she called with the results.

With Baby Q -- October 2011
I tested late on a Sunday night. When the test came up positive, I immediately sent an email to my homebirth midwife to let her know. My first direct contact with her was precisely five minutes later, when she replied back to say, "WhoooHoooo!!!!!! So excited for you!!! Can't wait to see you again!"

No comments:

Post a Comment